Thursday, April 9, 2015

Book Review: Spirit Animals: Evertree is awesome

Hi everyone. I've got a lot of stuff I need to do, but I think it's time I gave you another book review. Hopefully this summer I'll be able to branch out a little.
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Story:
The Greencloaks are in trouble. The Conquerors have gotten their hands on all but three of the talismans, and only two are in their possession. The last talisman is the Platinum Elk, which belongs to Tellun the elk, the greatest and most powerful of all the Great Beasts. However with Kovo the ape about to break free of his prison there's no time to go and seek the aid of Tellun. Conor, Abeke, Rollan, and the Greencloaks will have to travel to the Conqueror's homeland of Stetriol to try and stop Gerathon and Kovo. However terrible things are happening across Erdas. Continents are changing, the weather's going berserk, and the animals are getting sick. Is there a way to reverse this chaos? Or will Erdas be plunged into an era of darkness?
I liked so much in the book. I liked how the actions of the Conquerors and Kovo and Gerathon are literally tearing Erdas apart. It really shows how serious the situation is. When Tellun made an appearance it's easy to see why he's the greatest of all the Great Beasts. I won't say what, but he does some pretty awesome stuff. Definitely not your average elk. I also liked how more Erdas mythology and history is brought into this book. However due to the fast pace of the book I was left feeling like they could've done more. While the battles were epic in their own right I was just left wanting a bit more. I'm not talking graphic or gory kind of violence. When I think about it I can see the point was to try and get through, not to fight bad guys except when absolutely necessary.
Caution:
A snake keeps taking control of people. Animals fight each other. The chaos the world is being thrown into might be intense for some.
Lessons:
The greatest act of love is to give our life for another. When the lives of our loved ones and our freedoms are threatened it's okay to fight to protect them. This is for people who are of a Christian background: The Atonement of Jesus Christ has the power to free us from the power of the Devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment