Sunday, January 11, 2015

Book Review: Ender's Game is a Sci-Fi must!

Well I was finally able to get this book read, and now I can review it.
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Story:
After Earth has been invaded twice by the alien buggers the world has come together to train kids to fight battles in space for the impending third invasion. Andrew "Ender" Wiggin is one of the most promising cadets ever seen, and soon he is whisked off to Battle School, where he learns to fight as a soldier. As Ender progresses he learns that his battles are not just in the games, but in himself as well.
I'm sorry to say I saw the movie before I read the book, and I dislike it when I do that. I did notice several differences in the plot of both, but the book's spirit was still there. I could feel the pressure of war training on the mind of Ender Wiggin, and the conflict he has with himself feels incredibly realistic. This is definitely a book any fan of science fiction will want to read.
Caution:
Boys in battle school have some dirty humor. Some mild swearing. Kids bully and pick on each other. Some violence occurs.
Lessons:
When we love our enemies we lose all hatred for them. Forgiving others who have wronged us and loving them brings peace. There is nothing wrong with using self-defense as a last resort when we have offered our aggressors peace. Our words and actions can have consequences we do not foresee. Using others to satisfy our selfish gain is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment