Thursday, January 9, 2014

Review of Beautiful Scars

I know I said I was going to do a certain blog post. However I finally finished something I've been meaning to do so I'm going to do a review on that now. This review is for the book Beautiful Scars.

This book gives the life story of Tate Publishing author Patti Chiappa. She speaks of her childhood and the fun times she had with her family growing up. However as life would have it it didn't last. There came a time where she went through hard times by other people. From what I've read to call them bullies would be the understatement of the millennium. However through the years Patti received help from family and friends to get through her hard times and she was rewarded with wonderful blessings as she turned to The Lord for help and guidance in her life.
I really sympathized with Patti as I read her story. I know what it's like to be bullied and let me tell you if you've never been bullied it's not something you want to experience. However the things she went through made my experiences seem like little more than an argument on the playground. The depression that came as a result of the inhumane treatments she was given is also something that came to me because of low self esteem. Patti's message in the book not only shows us where we can look for comfort, but the dangers of putting others down and making them feel like something less than human. If you need to find a book to teach others about the dangers of bullying look no further because this is definitely one to use. 
I also enjoyed how she included the story of her family in this book. I've gotten into doing family history and genealogy and one of the things I've been wanting to know is what my ancestors were like. I want to know more about what they liked, what they didn't like, how they interacted with each other, what some of their dreams and fears were, etc. Here Patti gave answers to several of those questions about her own family that I know descendants will love and thank her for. 
Results: Five out of Five Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment