Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving break

Just a quick update about the Thanksgiving Holidays. I went back home to spend some time with my family. This is going to be the last Thanksgiving we spend together for a long time. I don't know when the next one will have us all together, but I can certainly promise that it won't be for several years.
My brothers took me to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 during this time. It was a good movie, and I felt they stayed very true to the original story. Some plot elements were changed around, but all in all, it was very true to the book. It was sad to see how people would go to extreme lengths to make sure that no one stands up and tells them they're wrong. However, I know that no matter how dark the night gets, the sun will rise.
We also did something else this holiday: We had our Christmas celebration early. Everyone got a cool DVD (I got Toy Story 3) and I gave my brothers books signed by authors. They really liked those.
I also had some experiences at the airport both coming home and leaving. When I was coming home, a blizzard hit the Salt Lake Valley just as the plane I was one was about to leave. The captain didn't want to take off in the weather with so much snow on the plane, and by the time we would've gotten defrosted, we would've had to do it again. So everyone got off the plane and waited a bit for the weather to clear. When we finally got a break, the plane was defrosted and we were able to go our way. When I leaving for Utah, I was able to work some more on The Thirteen Curses while on the plane. That was the first time I had ever worked on a book on a plane.
All in all, I had a cool Thanksgiving week. I hope that everyone else had a good holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment