Thursday, August 8, 2013

The wait is over.

Thank you all for your patience with this post.

Okay, now it's time for me to update this blog. You're all probably wondering where I've been for the last two years. Well, here's the answer: I've been serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I've been serving in the Family and Church History Headquarters mission of the church. It's there where we help people to do their family history. I served there helping to correct information in Family Tree.

What is Family Tree? Family Tree is this website where you can work on finding records for your ancestors. It allows you to do either a pedigree or fan chart view of your family tree. You can also post photos and stories of your ancestors on there. And here's the part many should like:

It's all free!

Anyway, so I've gotten to become interested in doing Family History and learning about my ancestors. I learned that many of my English ancestors were blacksmiths. I've also learned of some of the trials and challenges my ancestors had to go through. It's all so fascinating about what you can find in your family history. If you'd like to try out Family Tree go to www.familysearch.org and click on Family Tree at the top. You will have to register before you can use it. It's a service that is available to all people. I would highly recommend using it. I know my life has been better since getting into my family history.

No comments:

Post a Comment